Saturday, November 2, 2019

November 2

Apropos of a post I put up a few days ago .... I was supposed to get together last night with, oh, let's call her Rachel, who I had been out with twice in the last week or so. Around 5:30, she texted to tell me she could not make it because her dog had fallen ill and she had to take care of him. No, if I "default to trust," I should just accept this at face value, and not assume this was some last-minute alibi because she is, in fact, not interested in going out with me. But ... in the dating world of the 2010s, these types of 11th hour cancellations are almost *always* the latter and not the former. So what do I do? Do I ignore that fact, reschedule, or just watch as the ghosting spectre rears its head and move on to the next potential partner? This is (one of the reasons) I hate dating.

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment