Tuesday, November 12, 2019

November 12

Today, I did something very uncharacteristic. I work in a big office and there are people I run into from time to time. I don't necessarily know their names, but we exchange a quick wave or hello. One woman I see (but whose name I do not know) looks like the journalist Caitlin Huey-Burns (CHB)(I know, you need to be a deep-in-the-weeds political junkie to see someone and think "oh, she looks like a political reporter I see on TV). Anyway, I saw the CHB-look alike today and then went to see one of my friends who is a bit of an office busy body, like, she pretty much knows everyone. I pulled up a picture of CHB and asked if she knew the woman in our office who looks like her and whether she was single and/or into older Jewish men. My friend kinda knows her, but knows people who do, so wheels are in motion?

I don't know. Part of me feels a little creepy or weird about it, but to even express any interest in someone and make this kind of ask is *very* unlike me. Feels kind of pathetic and it took all of my energy just to broach the topic. It will probably not amount to anything, but that I did it is the important part.

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment