Sunday, November 24, 2019

November 24

I went on two dates this weekend and both were PAINFUL. Like, I am not a perfect person or a perfect date or perfect to look at and it is entirely possible that people find me boring when I am out with them; HOWEVER, in these two cases, there would be no way to know. If there was a timekeeper tracking how long I spoke versus how much each of my dates spoke, like at the debates, it would be like 90-10. It was ridiculous. I try to be more of a listener because if I am not careful, I do tend to dominate conversation, so I'm extra careful at first dates to be more passive, but even when I left openings to shift the conversation, no bait was taken. And these were not women I was meeting totally cold, we had exchanged some information via text message or phone (yes, some people actually still talk on the phone!) and in person it was just ... nothing. So frustrating.

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment