Sunday, November 10, 2019

November 10

If you had told me at the beginning of this year that I would do an on-the-fly remodel of my sunroom, pay cash for a new car, spend additional money on regrading and landscaping my backyard, and also lop 40 percent of the principle off my mortgage and still have a penny to my name, much less a healthy cushion of it, I would ask if New Jersey had legalized marijuana without my knowledge. Added together, it is more than one hundred thousand dollars. It is a sum of money I still struggle to get my head around, but here we are. I had good fortune shine down on me in this respect - an inheritance I did not expect and did not deserve - and yet, I feel not one bit happier; not one bit more content; not one bit better than before these things happened. I do not know that it is because money does not buy happiness or something deeper. Now that I am so ~ comfortable ~ maybe I should just scrap the normal dating and be a sugar daddy (that's a joke).

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment