Sunday, April 5, 2020

April 5

I think a lot about some dumb luck I had before the pandemic hit. I filed my taxes - state and federal; I had my car serviced (not that I'm driving much these days); I had an ample supply of toilet paper (not because I had any sense of what was going to happen but because I buy when its on sale); I decided against making a *very* big purchase (a new car when I had just bought another new car a year ago); I had some work done on my house last fall that needed to be done.

Does all this ensure that other things will not happen? Of course not. The cats need their yearly check up (June); the HVAC could use a tune up (before summer); other things may happen (TBD). But I am also fortunate enough that if/when those things happen I still have a job and money saved to deal with these occurrences. Do I want this to drag into June or July or August? No. But if it does, I will be ok.

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment