Sunday, April 26, 2020

April 26

I am taking a break from life today. I am not one for spilling my emotions on social media, in fact, I find people who do it embarrassing. Brian Stelter, a media critic on CNN, got a lot of attention last week for tweets he sent out about being "gutted" by the coronavirus. It was the kind of performative emoting online I do not understand (and find a bit manipulative and self-serving). And in Stelter's defense, he did speak to the struggles of people with far less privilege than he, but really, it was about him, right? Like, you don't tweet something like that out to 700,000 twitter followers if you're not really looking for attention. It's an emotional thirst trap move that I do not condone.

With all of that said, for you, one of 10 people who will read this, I will tell you I am tapped today. Emotionally, physically, and psychologically, so I'm going to lay on the couch and stare at the TV all day.

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

1 comment:

  1. I am soooo tired with homeschooling and therapies (5 last week, along with two IEP meetings) for my kids (I know, I had them all, lol). So I am right there with you.

    By the way, I feel the same way when people broadcast their “random acts of kindness” on Facebook. Like, what the fuck do you want? Praise? Then you didn’t do it for the right reasons!

    Anywho, I hope this week is better for you.

    ReplyDelete