Saturday, April 25, 2020

April 25

I (hopefully?!) survived a trip to ShopRite this morning. The shopping part was fine but the check out was a little dicey. I went self-checkout and ended up at a less-than-ideal spot. The self-checkout has 4 spots, 2 x 2 but I was at the kiosk closest to where the attendant stands sandwiched between the other kiosk on that side (where someone was also checking out). Everyone had a mask on and I tried to keep my head tilted away from anything, but of course I had a week's worth of groceries to scan so it's not like it went fast. Ugh.

That's one of the exhausting things about the coronavirus, you are always on guard when you step outside your home. Even now, I won't even go to the curb to get the mail if there is anyone within 50 feet of my house. Unpacking groceries takes 10 minutes now because I give the outside of every container a quick Purell wipe down. All the small things I never thought twice about now occupy so much of my mental head space when I leave the house, it really is crazy.

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment