Wednesday, April 1, 2020

April 1

There is no grimmer place than the grocery store at 6 a.m. Last week, I had a more positive experience - a true in and out run that lasted all of 20 minutes. Today, was not quite as smooth. It is the images of people lined up 5 minutes before the store opens, face masks affixed to their heads, gloved, and wiping down their carts, that I will not soon forget. Inside, you reflexively swivel to avoid people, going long ways around aisles simply to keep safe social distance and having to circle back if two or more people are looking for the same things. There is little lingering. You grab what you need and do not tarry. I do not exhale, fully, until I am out the door and on the way back to my car, thankful I will not have to do this for another six days.

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment