Tuesday, April 14, 2020

April 14

It is so weird how much things have changed because of the coronavirus. I went to the grocery store this morning and there was a smattering of good toilet paper (triple-ply Charmin). It looked like buried treasure. I grabbed a 12-pack. That said, I also realized that there is an economic element to all this. The more expensive items, be they fancy soap or toilet paper I can afford, others cannot. I grabbed a 4 ounce bottle of hand sanitizer that was $5. Was I happy spending $5 on something that was probably (lightly?) gouged. No, but I can afford it. To someone else, that is a harder purchase to make. The whole thing frustrates me on a lot of levels, most of which I stew about after I make it out of the grocery store and sit in my car calming myself down.

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment