Wednesday, October 30, 2019

October 30

I am in the brief writing zone. When this happens, it is like everything else just falls away and all I can focus on, like Claire Danes in Homeland is the case law and the arguments I am structuring. I get to work early. I am incredibly productive. I am writing and editing, composing and rearranging, tweaking and copy and pasting things with clarity. But everything else is just noise. I will forget to eat or use the bathroom. Papers pile up and I dig through them to find the phrase I need. I have five different tabs open on my computer, toggling between the brief and Lexis Nexis, back and forth, trying to find just the right words put in just the right order to make my case. It is exhausting but exhilarating.

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment