Thursday, October 17, 2019

October 17

I've written a bit about physical fitness and the importance of routine. I will admit, as I near 50, even my typical iron resolve is starting to falter. Yesterday was a good example. A day that started mild and even a bit sunny turned cold and rainy in the afternoon. Looking out my office window, I pondered whether to go to the gym and every fiber of my being was saying "no, go home. It's raining, get on the couch under a blanket and over eat." Thankfully, the route to the gym and the route to my house are one in the same for about 75 percent of the trip and so, in my mind, I said "you can choose one path or the other once you're on the road." And so, I went right instead of straight and made it to the gym. It is always a good decision. Always. As much of a hassle and as much of a struggle, when the work out is over, I felt better and I know it is another small investment in my health, piled atop the other credits I have earned over the last 20 years and, hopefully, for 20 more to come.

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment