Monday, October 21, 2019

October 21

I have been tracking the monthly mileage on my new car. Last month (beginning with the day I bought the car, not the first day of the month) I drove 518 miles. In New Jersey, that is nothing. Some people drive that in a week, but here I am, in my car less than 20 miles a day. 

A lot of it (I think) is how deeply I was affected by my car accident last year. It easily could have been worse and in the immediate aftermath, my concern was not for my own well-being, but how I would have been able to care for my cats if I had been seriously injured. I am also driving a lot more defensively (which, in New Jersey is something you have to do on everything from the Turnpike to neighborhood streets, drivers are SO aggressive). It's not great. I am avoiding traveling anywhere I do not need to, and so, you get this really low mileage. I'm not sure there is anything that can be done about it, and will likely get even more extreme once winter starts because I hate driving in bad weather.

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment