Tuesday, April 9, 2019

April 9

Today is my half-birthday. I feel like my life has passed me by, that my best days are behind me, that I squandered the most precious thing you are given in life - time. Maybe it is because aches and pains are now a daily thing, that I rarely sleep through the night without having to get up and take a piss, that I cannot push myself as hard at the gym as I once did, that my life force, for lack of a better term, is flagging. I fear that I will never have sex ... ever ... again (and I did not have a ton to begin with). I wonder about what will happen when I am elderly, with no wife or kids, who will take care of me? Will I be one of those old people who dies alone and no one notices for three days until the smell fills the hallway? It is a miserable way to live, filled with regret for the things you did not do, the places you never visited, the people you never loved.

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment