Sunday, March 31, 2019

March 31

I went on a date yesterday. I "met" this woman via a dating website. Dates like this go in one of two ways - either you do a bunch of pre-date texting/emailing to establish the basics about one another's lives (what you do, where you live, broad biographical sketching) or very limited pre-date communication - you've established via the mutual "liking" of each other's profiles that there is some initial interest, so let's save all that conversational lubricant for the meeting. 

This date was the latter. It was fine, which is to say I spent an hour or so of pleasant conversation with a complete stranger who, when the meal was over, I parted with amicably with no expectation of ever seeing again.

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment