Monday, March 11, 2019

Ken Dilanian Blocked Me On Twitter

Ken Dilanian blocked me on Twitter today. For what you may ask? Well, as you might remember, a while back Dilanian wrote a story stating that the Mueller Report would be done by mid-February. The time came and went without the report being issued. I lightly tweaked Ken a time or two because I otherwise think he is a decent reporter.

Today. he retweeted something posted by Mike Barbaro (who blocked me for calling him out for claiming to have popularized the "daily" podcast format - typical New York Times!) that puts the date for Mueller's report at mid- to late-April. So, I retweeted Ken's tweet (can you believe this is how we spend our lives?) and asked why his reporting was so wrong. His response? BLOCK. 

Now look, I block people. I blocked like 10 people today for snarky comments to one of my tweets. My general rule is polite disagreement is fine, but if you attack me personally, I will block you. But I am not a public figure. I am not a reporter who shapes the news every day. I asked what I thought was a fair question. "You reported 'x,' which turned out to be wildly off-base, what happened?" For a profession that takes getting the "record" right so seriously, you would think this was a reasonable question. I did not curse. I did not attack Dilanian personally. I just asked a simple question. You got something wrong. Why did that happen? I suspect that is the kind of question Dilanian's editor has asked him a time or two about this story as well. A lot of us would like an answer. 

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

1 comment: