Sunday, March 17, 2019

March 17

A small bit of good news. The first half of money from my rich aunt whose trust I somehow ended up in came through. It merely passed through my checking account before being sent to my mortgage company, but now my mortgage is meaningfully smaller than it was two weeks ago. Sometime later this year, I will get the other half and do the same thing. I was hoping I would feel better after getting confirmation that the money cleared, but honestly, it did not hit with the impact I was hoping it would. 

I was telling my ex-girlfriend about the whole experience and observed that the hardest thing for me to adjust to is that I had planned out the next 10 to 15 years of my life based on a certain set of facts with regard to money and now I have to rethink it entirely. I know, it is a good problem to have and I am not at all complaining, it is just an unusual position for me to be in. The idea of having **some** financial freedom is one I am not accustomed to, and now I have to figure it out.

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment