Thursday, January 23, 2020

January 23

As awful as yesterday was, it did end on a bit of a higher note. At my boot camp class, a woman who was a regular but had not been in class for a while showed up. We had a nice chat before class started, which made me feel a little better. 

Overnight, I woke up around 2 AM (combination of being too hot and having to pee) and spent a few minutes petting Pumpkin in the upstairs hallway. I always try to make time for P and G, regardless of the time, because I do not want to regret not spending that time when they are gone. I know it is a morbid thought, but I want to spend every minute I can with them and when they want my attention they get it, even in the middle of the night. For Pumpkin, there is always a little nostalgia in this little ritual. When she was a wee one, and just starting to spend nights in the house, she would wake me up and sort of circle me in the hallway, getting a sense of me, rubbing up against my leg and letting me pet her for a few minutes and then scooting off to another part of the house. She is a little sweetie and I do love her more than anything.

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment