Friday, January 31, 2020

January 31

Today was lining up to be a run-of-the-mill day, which is to say, mostly shitty but as soon as I got to work, my old assistant came by my office. To her credit, she has been helping my new assistant get acclimated to the job but she is also talking shit about the new assistant basically non-stop. 

I am not here for the drama swirl and it ends up getting me wound up because there are few things in life I hate more than someone complaining about something for which there is not a solution. Is the new assistant great? No. Is she as good as the old assistant? No. Am I going to make a big stink about it? No. I just show up and (sort of) do my job. I do not want to get involved and to listen to 10 minutes of complaining about something that I do not care about and there is nothing that can be done is a waste of my time. 

On top of it, she wound me up about the office in general and it quickly devolved into triggering my own annoyance and frustration about the way things run as it relates to me and when that happens it just sets me off on a rage spiral that basically makes it impossible for me to think rationally. I just get consumed with how shitty I get treated and it makes me want to quit, which I can't do. So, not only do I get irrationally angry over something that will not change, it diverts me from doing work that might take my mind off of how pissed off I am.

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment