Sunday, January 26, 2020

January 26

I was going to write a review of Joker today but I just could not focus on it. I watched it yesterday, it is amazing that you can now just push a button on your TV and watch what is essentially still a first run movie in the comfort of your home. 

Anyway, I liked it. It had its problems of course, there were like nine different things the director was trying to get at - mental illness, alienation, marginalization, abandonment, celebrity culture, among others - but one thing that did resonate with me was a scribbling Arthur makes in his journal. He writes, "the worst part of having a mental illness is people expect you to behave like you don't." Otherwise, I did think the entire thing happened in his head while he was in the asylum. More if/when I can spend enough time to put together a coherent review.

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment