Wednesday, July 3, 2019

July 3

There is a fluff piece about A-Rod in the current issue of Sports Illustrated (yes, I still receive magazines at my home - I am an old). Anyway, the reporter got a quote from Warren Buffett (he and A-Rod are buddies), who noted that one of his beliefs is that a person should behave better in the second half of his life than the first. The idea being that A-Rod screwed up a lot when he was younger but got his shit together. 

I think a lot about this idea - it was neatly expressed in The Good Place as "moral dessert." The idea people hold that there should be some reward for acting morally or "good." I have definitely behaved far better as I have aged than I did when I was younger with no tangible effect on my own happiness, success, or ability to find love. YMMV, as they say.

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment