Sunday, July 21, 2019

July 21

We are in like day four of a heat wave. Yesterday and today have been particularly oppressive - highs in the upper 90s with lots of humidity. Look, I grew up in D.C. so this kind of weather is not foreign to me, but ugh, it does sap your energy even if you stay inside most of the day (which I did yesterday and am doing today). Having lived in my house now for more than 13 years, I know it well. Usually, the HVAC can handle "normal" cold and warm weather = the house gets cooled and heated properly. But when the thermometer leans toward the "extreme" it can only do so much. The house is designed in such a way that there are spots that just do not get warm (or cool) no matter how much I run the heat or A/C. The upstairs gets stuffy because I have a floor attic that just acts like a mini blow torch, pumping warm air into the house. The main level does ok, but not great. The basement is nice and cool - 65 degrees no matter how hot it gets - but on a night like last night, the change in temperature made me feel cold even though it had been so hot. It was weird, I slept like shit (I had also napped yesterday afternoon which does not help) and then had to pee so bad when I woke up (and then had to pee again like 20 minutes later - which was also weird). Anyway, the heat wave is supposed to snap tomorrow, but I am rethinking my "retire in Arizona" plan ...

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment