Sunday, August 30, 2020

August 30

The day finally came when gyms were reopened in New Jersey. Technically, they can reopen on Tuesday (Sept. 1), but I have been dreading this day for a while. To my gym's credit, it had suspended dues while it was closed and even provided free online classes (which I have been doing regularly). But now that it is reopening, I had to make the difficult decision to cancel my membership because I am still not comfortable being a gym, which from everything I've read, poses one of the higher risks of infection, and specifically, for people (like me) who go primarily for group classes. 

It was difficult because aside from work (which I am doing remotely), the gym is my one steady source of human interaction and I am reluctant to give it up, but the risk is simply not worth it for me. Short of having instant COVID testing at the front door, I don't think I can go back to a gym until a reputable vaccine is available. So, for now, I signed up for LES MILLS ON DEMAND, which is the branded exercise program used at the gym. It's cheap, like $10 a month, compared to the $70 a month I was paying at my gym, so that will be nice. It is not ideal, but it allows me to keep fit and safe, so I am doing it.

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment