Sunday, August 23, 2020

August 23

It took more than five months, but it finally happened. The woman I was casually seeing before the pandemic hit and then ghosted me when I refused to take her grocery shopping way back in March when COVID was decimating New Jersey (she had other options and I was not risking my health for someone I had been out with four times SORRY) got in touch last night. Was it to see how I was doing or apologizing? No. There was not even a perfunctory acknowledgment of either, just a straight to the point request for my help b/c she is having an issue with her landlord (she is a PhD student at a school I won't name in NJ and is renting an apartment). I mulled over that text for a while, contemplating options - 1) politely refuse to help; 2) tell her to fuck off; or 3) ignore. I chose "3." Deleted the text and forgot about it (and her).


Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment