Tuesday, August 11, 2020

August 11

 How was your night? Mine was truly awful. I woke up in a sweat and feeling dizzy at about 1 am. I was really unsteady, but I managed to get out of bed, flip the a/c on, and plop down on the couch. I spent the next two hours basically immobile, restless, and occasionally shivering, sure that I had somehow contracted coronavirus even though I literally never leave the house to do anything other than grocery shop and when I do, I wear a mask and gloves. I toggled through the worst case scenarios, mentally thinking through what person I would inconvenience by asking them to take care of P and G if I had to go to the hospital and just tried to quiet my mind otherwise. 

I drifted off about 3 am and slept for about 90 minutes. When I woke up, I felt a little better (well enough to clean the litter boxes, though still not moving very fast) and managed to get the cats fed. I have not lost my sense of taste (I did choke down breakfast), I do not have shortness of breath, and I felt steady enough to go to the grocery store this morning for a previously planned shop, but ugh, it just is not great. I am going to monitor myself today and see how I feel (the worked out yesterday morning without incident). There are a couple of places that do COVID testing near me, so I may get checked if I don't feel better. Fingers crossed. 

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 


1 comment: