Friday, August 21, 2020

August 21

Today, I was confronted with an issue that I really struggle with - which is standing up for myself. The context was in regards to taking a vacation, which isn't really a thing now b/c I never leave my house, but regardless, I had requested time off before Labor Day. Subsequent to my request, I was assigned to work on a new case with a couple of other lawyers in the office. I almost had to apologize to the managing partner in letting him know I had put in the vacation request and that I wanted to take it even though this case is new and needs attention. I hate that everyone else just puts themselves first, takes their time, and does not think twice about it, and here I am not only feeling guilty for taking the time but assuring others I won't actually take the time b/c I will monitor email and sit on calls so it won't actually feel like I am not there. Grrrrr

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment