Monday, May 25, 2020

May 25

Memorial Day (or just another day in quarantine). There was an opinion piece in the New York Times today by a writer complaining about summer camps being closed. I have never read so much privileged garbage than during quarantine or parents openly writing about how annoying they find it to parent. I mean, read the room. You're an opinion writer for the most prestigious newspaper in America, do you think anyone gives two tiny shits that you can't have a maid clean your house or camp counselors to give you a reprieve? That you <gasp> have to COOK YOUR OWN MEALS. Oh, the horror!

I would like to think I have enough self-awareness to keep my privileged mouth shut right now. I get to work from home. I can afford the things I need. I have money saved if I lose my job. I can workout in my (finished) basement. Like, I've got it pretty good and sure, it would be nice to have a Five Guys burger or take a day trip to one of my favorite photography spots, but I cannot do that right now. And that is ok. Lots of people have it A LOT worse than me. 

follow me on twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment