Thursday, May 14, 2020

May 14

I went to the doctor today (non-COVID related matter). It was surprisingly not that stressful. I was one of only 2 people in the waiting room (we socially distanced). Everyone (including me) was wearing a face mask. The nurses could not keep 6 feet distance, but did try to limit close contact. Even better (and surprisingly) my weight was 154 lbs. I thought it would be closer to 160 and my blood pressure was 120/84. The doctor said he thinks my back pain (both sides) is in fact back pain and not kidney pain as I feared because 1) I would not be getting kidney pain in both kidneys at the same time; 2) I winced when he palpitated the spots I pointed out, suggesting muscle tenderness; and 3) that I'm spending hours in a not-very ergonomic chair and laying on the couch a lot is not helping. He encouraged me to do back stretching exercises and try to move around a little more, focus on posture, and not hunch over. I hope he's right and am relieved as I was expecting much worse news.

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment