Saturday, May 16, 2020

May 16

After almost 15 years in this house, you would think I would know better than to do what I did last night. To wit, yesterday was the first really hot day in New Jersey this year. It topped out at about 85 degrees. In my house, that means the upstairs gets uncomfortable (even with cross breezes and ceiling fans) the main level remains comfortable, and the basement is unaffected (remaining about 65 degrees). Instead of doing what I knew I should do - sleeping in the basement, which is finished and has a queen size bed - I gave it a go upstairs. Sure enough, even with just a bed sheet, I tossed and turned, and while I did fall asleep, it was not a deep sleep and I ended up waking up at about 12:30 and trudging down to the basement for the rest of the night.

This morning, I went to Shop Rite. It was somewhat busy even at an early hour (6:45 AM) and I got in and out of there as quickly as possible. Everyone wore a mask (though there was a bit more talking among the workers than I would have liked). I won't have to go out again until Thursday. Even as the restrictions get lifted, I fully plan to stay in lock down as long (and as much) as possible. 

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy

No comments:

Post a Comment