Sunday, June 9, 2019

June 9

Today was a good example of why I spend a lot of time alone. A friend* of mine (*woman I see every few months for platonic hang outs) wanted to go to van der Goot to see the roses. No problem. What time should we meet. 11. Fine. Then, radio silence until she suddenly thinks it makes more sense to take one car (I had suggested I just pick her up since she'd never been there before) and then she did not want me to go out of my way, so suggested I pick her up around Princeton's campus. Fine. Then another 20 minutes back and forth via text over where we should meet. Then when I get there, she's running late. And on and on and on. Once we got on the road and got to the garden, it was fine, but I just felt like I moved things around today (like skipping the gym) and then spent WAY too much time on what should have been a simple logistical plan. The juice, as it were, not worth the squeeze. I like doing things when I want to do them and when I move those things around in the name of social interaction, I usually feel like it was wasted.

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment