Saturday, June 15, 2019

June 15

You think it is easy to write a couple of sentences every day and then three days go by and you're like "oops, I totally spaced it." It sounds absurd but some days I cannot carve out five minutes of time to write a random thought or maybe there simply is not a random thought to share. The last couple of days have passed by without much to say. Work is work. The cats are the cats. I worked out a couple of times and that was about it. 

I did have a chat with a friend of mine at work. I was lamenting the fact that I am turning 50 next year. He is close to 60 and basically told me to seize the day and that the older you get, the harder it is  to break out of your routines, which means you have to push yourself harder to do it. Not unlike staying in shape. But here is the thing. I do not want to seize most days. When I do, it exhausts me. Most days, I just want to come home and stare at the television and numb myself to the rest of my life. How do you break *that* habit? It is almost like our own DNA conspires to encourage us to shut down.

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment