Saturday, June 1, 2019

June 1

For a short work week, there certainly was a lot of drama. First, we had three straight days of severe weather, all of which coincided with the commute home. Wednesday was the worst of the days, it was pitch black, like armageddon as a strong line of thunderstorms and drenching rain blew through. Thursday, the whole ride home was in a driving rainstorm. It was not great for someone like me who has a lot of anxiety to begin with. 

What made it worse was I had $1500 worth of landscaping done on Tuesday - the morning of the start of all this bad weather. I am not sure how much will be salvaged, but now I have to talk to my landscaper about redoing some of the work and whether he is willing to do it free of charge or for an additional charge. I hate dealing with stuff like this.

Finally, I have slept like shit all week. My house is weird in that at this time of year, when it is not fully summer, I will run the air conditioning or not, depending on the heat, but the top floor of the house is warmer, the main level ok, and the basement nice and cool. On nights I slept upstairs, it was too hot, but the basement was too damp because of all the rain. It was a no win situation and because I slept poorly, I was in a bit of a fog at work. Not ideal.

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy

No comments:

Post a Comment