Tuesday, February 5, 2019

February 5

Yesterday, I found out an aunt who died recently left me a meaningful amount of money in her will. It is not life changing money but it is certainly life easing money. As someone who has always been diligent about frugality, not spending above my means, not indulging in extravagances I could not afford, and being ok with sacrificing want for need, it is hard for me to process this information. 

When I spoke with the estate's executor, I was speechless, like, literally without speech. It does not change how I will live my life day-to-day, but it will allow me to pay down a large chunk of my home mortgage, which is my biggest expense, and allow me to worry less about capital M money. 

If you have been reading this latest iteration of my blog, you know there is not a lot of happiness in my life, so I really do not know how to react to something that will make my life easier. 

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

1 comment:

  1. First off, sorry for your loss. But that’s great news! I’m happy for you. You are a selfless person who deserves to have something like this happen. Yay for mortgage pay down!

    ReplyDelete