Saturday, February 2, 2019

February 2

Complaining about the weather is one of the greatest social lubricants. We all have an opinion and there is nothing that can be done about it. There is a reason the colloquialism "shouting at the rain" exists to signify a futile effort. Anyway, I am going to complain about the weather. It has been really fucking cold the last few days. The dreaded polar vortex has blown through, dropping the temperatures below zero at night and barely into the teens during the day. 

When it is this cold, everything feels like a struggle. It takes longer to get dressed and undressed, the roads and parking lots are crusty and crunchy underfoot, the wind cuts you to the bone. For the past few days, I have limited my travels to work and the gym. Otherwise, I am hunkered down at home, under blankets, the remote in my hand, with a diminishing level of patience for winter.

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy

No comments:

Post a Comment