Friday, March 8, 2019

March 8

As ridiculous as it sounds, it can be hard to carve out even the few minutes it takes to post a daily update on my life. Take the past few days as an example. Wednesday, I was in court all morning (things went fine, thanks for asking) and then went back to the office for the rest of the day, then to the gym for a killer workout, and by the time I got home, showered, fed the cats (and myself), I had like 20 minutes before I went to bed. Yesterday, I was up at 5 am, did my morning routine, dashed off to the grocery store before work, then came home and was asleep before 9 pm. Overnight, P and G found the precise spot on the bed that made it nearly impossible for me to stretch out around them (a fact I discovered at about 2:30 am), so I slept like shit and here we are Friday morning. 

It is in weeks like this that I worry that time is slipping through my fingers. What I described above is the last 72 hours or so of my life, but they are not dissimilar to the 72 hours to come, or the ones after that either. Is this how I am going to live out my days - random shuttling between errands and work, never finding love, or time enough to myself? It can be incredibly discouraging. 

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy

1 comment:

  1. I sometimes don’t want to comment on every post because I feel like you are just getting your thoughts out. But obviously I read everyday.

    I’m glad that court went well for you.

    I feel like time is always slipping through my fingers. I have four kids (the three boys and a daughter I had in December 2017) and there is always something. On Wednesday I left work to see if my 4 year old would get picked for the lottery pre-k. He did, so no more daycare! Anyway, life is always hectic in this house, and it seems like my days zoom by.

    I don’t know you, other than this blog and twitter, but when you post things(new job, love), I hope those things work out for you.

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete