Tuesday, March 5, 2019

March 5

I spent a lot of time yesterday debating about whether to go to the gym after work. Part of me wanted to rationalize skipping the gym because I did have to shovel a nice swath of heavy, wet snow in the morning off my driveway (that is sort of a work out right?). The other part of me could not find a good reason not to go, other than not wanting to. I went. As per usual, I did not regret it once I was there. The thing is, when I was younger, it would not have even been a question. I was a five-day-a-week-come-hell-or-high-water gym goer. Now, I am down to four days a week and sometimes I slip and only go three times a week. 

It is one of the cruel punishments aging levies - you need to work out harder to maintain your fitness level, but it is harder to do so and it is easier for your motivation to wane. If your motivation wanes, it is harder to keep pushing. Quite the vicious cycle. 

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment