Friday, December 6, 2019

December 6

A quick dispatch from my so-called dating life ... Yesterday, I made plans to meet a woman I met online at a coffee shop near my office at 10 am. At 8:45, she suddenly could not make 10, but wanted to meet at 10:30. I told her I could not meet at 10:30 (I had an 11 am meeting) but if she wanted to reschedule, that would be fine. No, she said, let's do 10. 

So I get to the shop a few minutes early, as I usually do and text her that I am there. Nothing. 10 am, nothing. I then notice her walking past the coffee shop and immediately become suspicious. 10:05, still nothing. So I take a picture of the table top and tell her I am leaving. Coincidentally, just as I get to my car, she texts back "I'm here." I got in my car and left. I have no patience for games and of course she immediately freaked out via further texts (and 3 phone calls!) that how dare I leave because she was late and on and on. I resisted the temptation to respond b/c for one, she may be mentally unstable and two, would it matter? 

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment