Sunday, December 1, 2019

December 1

We are supposed to get some ~ weather ~ today and tomorrow. I really do not like bad (winter) weather. I had a traumatic experience some years ago that still haunts me. To wit, on a Sunday morning when the weather forecasters missed a forecast, I went grocery shopping in what was basically an ice storm. No roads had been treated and cares were sliding all over the place. I did not even make it to the grocery store but the way New Jersey designs its stupid roads, I ended up having to drive a half mile past it to turn around and go home. My heart was racing the whole time and my hands were wrapped around the steering wheel like grim death.

I made it home ok and instead of banking that small win, I decided to put some rock salt down on the driveway and proceeded to slip and fall on it. Thankfully, I didn't land on my head (or hip) but instead, had badly bruised ribs for like three weeks. Ever since then, I get very anxious driving in such weather (it's one of the reasons I ended up buying a Subaru, hoping it would handle better in such conditions), but I am still not thrilled doing it.

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment