Wednesday, December 25, 2019

December 25

There is a cable channel called "ME TV" that airs a lot of old shows from the 60s, 70s, and early 80s. One of the shows they air (although unfortunately only one episode a week) is Buck Rogers in the 25th Century. For ~ people of a certain age ~ like me, Buck Rogers was a big deal growing up. But memory is a funny thing. I remember the show running a lot longer (it was only 2 seasons). I definitely remember Princess Ardala (probably my first crush?) yet she was only in a handful of episodes (and only in the first season). I did not remember the cheesy special effects (which, even for 1981 were really bad) or the terrible story lines in season 2 (so stupid I am embarrassed to even describe them). And yet, there is something comforting in Gil Gerard's tuft of chest hair, Erin Grey's steely-eyed sexiness, and even the cornpone dialogue. There are only a couple of episodes in the really bad second season left to air before they cycle back to season 1, which will give me the full nostalgia trip.

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment