Tuesday, March 17, 2020

March 17

I survived Shop Rite. It was surreal. I have shopped at this grocery store for 15 years and I had never been there that early (5:55 AM), inside as they turn on the lights but shoppers are already busy picking over what is left. Some things were in short supply (predictably, fresh meat, all paper products) while other things were readily available (all the red peppers you could want!). It was crowded and they only had one check out lane open (baffling); however, they had the self-checkout open and even though I was that asshole who had well more than 30 items (albeit a lot of small ones like cat food), I went for it. I was in and out in about 30 (stressful) minutes, but felt much better that my stock of food is more robust in the event things get worse.

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment