Saturday, July 25, 2020

July 25

I've been thinking a lot lately about my 40s. They are ending in a few months. So much time squandered. On the personal front, I started by digging myself out of the worst mistake of my life and got divorced. I dated a bit and then about 2 years later I met someone who broke my heart. Flash forward 7 years, and I'm utterly alone and have not had a serious relationship since and have not really dated in several years. On the professional front, I was on a glide path into upper management in my office and distinguished myself on a myriad of occasions only to get passed over when an opportunity arose. In the military, they call this "up or out," well I was "out" except I did not retire, I just got dumped into a backwater part of our office where I still reside, cooling my heels now that the pandemic has made any employment both scarce and not something one walks away from without solid back up plans.

So, yeah, a total waste of a decade. A DECADE.

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment