Thursday, July 23, 2020

July 23

I passed 13,000 followers on Twitter yesterday. I will admit I take some pride in having organically built this healthy following. I never ask people to follow me (gauche) or pay for followers (straight up bullshit) and I have always believed you should tweet the same whether 1 person follows you or 1 million. I did pick up some new people by hash tagging a few tweets, which stopped doing a long time ago largely because of what happened when I did it yesterday - lots of bullshit replies from people I end up blocking. It is just one of those tradeoffs you make on social media. If your tweets get exposed to more people, more people are likely to engage with them - some you will want to engage, some you will not, and others in between. 

My general rule is I do not engage with trolls, I just block them. My other rule is people who include me in replies usually get blocked (always if they do not follow me, regardless of whether they are replying agreeing or disagreeing with me). I think Twitter is a choose-your-own-adventure platform and mine is to tweet, rarely retweet and every now and again tag someone I follow with something I see or read that I think they will find interesting. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!

    OAN, will you be doing a VEEPSTAKES post soon? I’d love to know your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete