Tuesday, June 16, 2020

June 16

I reclaimed Yankee Rose. This trashy mid-80s David Lee Roth hit was always a favorite of mine, but it fell out of favor because of an associate I made between it and Special Lady Friend. We were sitting in her office one day and she was showing me the magic of Spotify. She could pull up any song and asked me to name one - "Yankee Rose," I said and lo and behold, Steve Vai's guitar riff followed by the thumping bass line poured out of her computer's speakers. She dumped me, maybe a week later and for years (yes, years) after, I just could not listen to that song. During corona, as I find myself locked in the basement to work out, I play music while I warm up and I can now listen to this minor classic without it bumming me out. 

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment