Monday, June 1, 2020

June 1

It dawned on me this weekend that I probably will not celebrate my birthday (which is in October) in the way I typically do - going to my local diner and organizing french fries into my age (it is an homage to Walter White in Breaking Bad). That thought bummed me out a little. To be honest, there are many things about the pandemic that have not affected my life at all - I did not go out much before the pandemic and I do not have any close friends I spend any time with - but the small stuff, the ability to just grocery shop, or have that diner breakfast, or browse the books at my library, or go to the gym, have been taken away. I know, in the big scheme of things these are minor, but I have a minor life - a small life - and it just shrinks a bit more with each passing day.

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment