Sunday, June 7, 2020

June 7

One of the casualties of the pandemic was a nascent dating relationship I started in the weeks before New Jersey went on shutdown. I am not sure where it was going long-term, but it held some promise. We tried keeping in touch once quarantine dropped but I (oddly) knew I had lost the thread about a week in when she asked me to pick her up and take her to the grocery store (she's a doctoral candidate at, let's just say, a prestigious local university and does not own a car but does use ride shares). When I explained that I was not comfortable doing so (I was experiencing a high level of anxiety at that point) she feigned understanding and shortly thereafter, disappeared. 

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

2 comments:

  1. Maybe your only value to her was to drive her around. Maybe you escaped another woman who only wanted to use you. I think if she liked you for your character, she would have kept in touch.

    ReplyDelete