Thursday, January 31, 2019

January 31

I moved to New Jersey fifteen years ago today. At the time, it was supposed to be a second chance - at happiness in my marriage (my (now ex) wife is from New Jersey and had wanted to move back here) and in my career (the whole career-in-DC-politics thing did not happen). The marriage did not last, but for all the chirping I do about my job, it gives me most of the things I was looking for - stability, interesting work, and the ability to help a few people along the way. 

With that said, I cannot stand living here. The people are rude, they drive like maniacs, and every third word out of their mouths is some form of profanity. I do not *get* the Jersey attitude and never will. The thing is, had I not moved here, I do not think things would have turned out any better. In D.C. my job prospects and marriage were iffy (at best) and while jettisoning the latter would have been a lot less expensive at the time, there is little chance the former would have turned out better. If I had stayed in D.C. I never would have met Special Lady Friend or become Pumpkin and Ghost's dad; plus, they do not have pork roll in D.C.

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment