Saturday, January 26, 2019

January 26

There are times when I feel like the sole employee of the world's smallest non-profit. I do (almost) everything myself. It leads to an odd paradox - on the one hand, I literally have all the time to myself, but on the other, I feel like I get no time to myself. Today is a perfect example - groceries need to be bought, litter boxes need to be cleaned out, shopping needed to be done. I woke up at 5 am and basically have not stopped moving (it is now half-past noon). 

I wear my independence like some perverse badge of honor, as if those who ask for or get help from others are somehow lesser, and that is not right, but I do not like being anyone's debt, to owe anyone anything, even if something is done for me out of kindness. It is fine for now, but I do think a lot about what will happen when I am elderly and legitimately need someone to take care of me. 

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment