Thursday, September 5, 2019

September 5

I turned off the central air conditioning in my house yesterday for the season. I usually do it around Labor Day and it so happened that yesterday a final (hopefully) 90 degree day ended with a cold front dropping the temperature into the 60s overnight. 

There was an article out a few weeks ago telling people to keep their house at 78 degrees in summer and there was a collective Twitter freak out but I just quietly nodded my head. Maybe it is a remnant of my post-divorce years when money was tight, but I keep the house between 76 and 80 degrees in the summer. It is not great, but it is tolerable (my house is surrounded by a lot of trees so it keeps things shady). Anyway, mother nature will be in control until November, when I will start running the gas fireplace until winter really digs in and central heat will kick in. 

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

2 comments:

  1. 78 in the summer, 68 in the winter. Maybe in another month it will be cool enough to turn off the A/C for the winter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don’t get to turn ours off until mid- October. It’s still hot as blue blazes down here.

    ReplyDelete