Wednesday, September 4, 2019

September 4

Today is my sister's birthday. We have not talked in years. The last time we communicated was about three years ago. Pumpkin was recuperating from her near death experience, a cone around her neck and stitches running the entire length of her right hind leg. My sister was helping my mom move out of her apartment and into an assisted living facility. She emailed to tell me she had found a few of my old suits and asked what I wanted done with them. As if I was in a position to drop everything and drive down to D.C. while my cat was near death. As if she could not just be a bigger person and stick them in the mail or, god forbid, drive them up herself (she literally never visited me after I moved to NJ), so no, instead of fighting her, I just told her to do what she wanted with them. There is no use fighting with people who refuse to change. And that was the last time I talked to her.

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment