Tuesday, September 10, 2019

September 10

Soledad O'Brien retweeted me today. It is flattering when someone with a much bigger social media presence recognizes you. It has happened to me a few times before and I try to do the same thing I would if someone with far fewer followers retweets me - nothing. I just keep moving. I do not acknowledge it. I do not fan boy for the blue check mark. I do not reply. 

One of the things that appeals to me about Twitter is the little "d" democratization of the public square. Ordinary people (like me) and the famous (like Ms. O'Brien) co-mingle with few barriers. The last thing I am going to do is mark out for someone just because they appear on TV or carry a byline in a publication I read. On Twitter, we are all equal.

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment