Thursday, February 28, 2019

February 28

I did something the other night I never do anymore - I texted my ex-girlfriend (and yes, if you know me, I only have **one** ex-girlfriend since I got divorced 8 years ago, because clearly, I am a total winner!)

She was involved in a matter that received some local media coverage and I sent her a text message to congratulate her. She is incredibly talented and super smart, and I was proud of her for achieving this victory. We fell into conversation, as we always do, easily, but it just reinforced what I miss most about being with her - it is not the intimacy (though that was nice), it is that she understands me. Her company feels familiar and comfortable. It is a rare thing in my life to have someone who I can just be myself around and I miss having that. 

The next morning I felt what I always feel - regret and sadness, almost like a hangover. 

Follow me on Twitter - @scarylawyerguy 

No comments:

Post a Comment